Search by Recipe or Ingredient

7.03.2010

Chapter 1: Pao de Quiejo and I'm Halfway Through The Deathly Hallows

Book:  Iracema by Jose de Alancar
Recipes:  Pao de Quiejo by Chebe

This isn't a recipe per se; it's a mix of sweet cassava flour and sour cassava flour.  Amazon.com graciously filled my need for this ingredient.  All you have to do is add 3/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, 2 eggs, 2 tbsp of water, and 2 tbsp of oil.  Mix and knead it all together and roll it into tablespoon sized balls.  Bake it at 350 degrees for 25 minutes and it's absolutely delicious.  


One thing I would do differently is to turn them a few times while they are cooking so that they brown a bit more evenly on all sides and not just on the bottom.  Thanks to friend Ray for modeling them during our sci-fi movie night.  







4 comments:

  1. Maybe you should discuss, "The Galaxy Invader". The picture of Ray is great. The spread was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Discuss "The Galaxy Invader?" What's to say about it? "I hate it!" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know those little rolls! I used to eat them in Boston at this funky Brazilian cafeteria. And now, if I can find the flours, I can make them. Super cool.
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bethany, the internet or a good Asian grocery should have it. It's a mixture of both sweet and sour manioc starch (AKA Yucca, AKA Cassava).

    ReplyDelete